Fiona Apple’s Fetch The Bolt Cutters is a triumphant and very well-timed return after an eight-year hiatus. The lyrics are brilliant, incredible instrumental, incredible production, incredible everything. This feels special. Though there isn't a dud in Apple's back-catalogue, she has never sounded quite so liberated and artistically sure-footed as this.

She teaches composition for Arizona State University and her work has appeared in The Rumpus, Puerto del Sol, Chattahoochee Review and others. Fiona Apple on a career of highs might just have produced her finest work yet.

Fetch the bolt cutters. What to do with this mess? Reports
Twin YouTube Stars Alan and Alex Stokes Charged With Felony Over Bank Robbery Prank

Released with little warning nearly a decade after 2012’s The Idler Wheel…, the album sees the now-42-year-old songwriter proving that she’s still more than capable of telling off partners, detractors, and others who have done her wrong, all while picking apart the inner workings of her frantic mind.

Fiona Apple's fifth studio album, Fetch the Bolt Cutters, has received glowing reviews. Personally, I feel like the album wandered into the latter too many times for me to enjoy (Relay and Newspaper stand out in particular). Much of the tonal shift, I believe, we see from Apple in Fetch the Bolt Cutters comes from a new perspective on her part, one of reconnecting with relationships with other women in her life. iOS Critiques. I am floored by this record. Let me know what you think of the album in the comments, and enjoy! It's bold, it's demanding, and it might very well go down as the finest full-length Fiona Apple has ever made. Tweetez. “Fetch the Bolt Cutters” is daring in a new way, scrambling and shattering the pop-song structures that once grounded her. PS4

... It’s not just the wild craftsmanship of each song. I won’t shut up, I won’t shut up » – Under the Table. Well, Fiona Apple has fetched the boxcutter and the bolt cutters, too.

"Apple has won only one Grammy to date. It is accurate that Still, I fear I am failing Fiona Apple with this review, as I too want to offer a perfect tribute to a woman who demonstrated to me what it looks like to rise from the ashes, that moments of rage are not only justified, but holy.

Here's how the Grammys define their alternative category: "This category may be defined as a genre of music that embraces attributes of progression and innovation in both the music and attitudes associated with it.

Manic descants, discordant pianos and abrupt changes in time signature at once complement and compete with each other in a carefully crafted clatter. And by we, I do not mean men; I mean the entire world. I won’t shut up, I won’t shut up » – Under the Table.

Apple’s fifth album, an introspective, 13 song journey defies genre.

This is an album that conveys one woman’s rage, vulnerability, confusion and wisdom in ways that we haven’t quite heard before. Fetch the Bolt Cutters CD from Fiona Apple.

On 'Fetch The Bolt Cutters', Fiona Apple makes a fierce, frenetic, feminist, and yet familiar return.

Games

Fiona Apple Fetch the Bolt Cutters Epic Records; 2020; 52 minutes; 9 Le meilleur de lca 20 avril 2020; Par Stéphane Deslauriers / Indie / Pop; 0 | 57; Partager . Fuck it. 0.

None of this is to say that I don't respect her ability as a musician or her talent for creating an atmosphere. Apple’s fifth album, an introspective, 13 song journey defies genre. Fiona Apple «Fetch the Bolt Cutters» Critique de l’album. On a purely musical level, it’s a bold experiment in pop craft, a collection of songs on which Apple stretches her talents in adventurous new directions.

Fetch the Bolt Cutters is Apple’s most timely—and timeless—effort yet. Fetch The Bolt Cutters takes many exciting turns. Switch Fiona Apple Fetch the Bolt Cutters Epic Records; 2020; 52 minutes; 9 Le meilleur de lca 20 avril 2020; Par Stéphane Deslauriers / Indie / Pop; 0 | 57; Partager . Fiona Apple «Fetch the Bolt Cutters» Critique de l’album.

An album that we will surely look to as a cultural text, with its cutting commentary of contemporary culture and its feminist narratives. The album exudes freedom, it exudes breaking constraints, it exudes Fiona Apple, and it might just be the album that we look back on when we think back to this COVID-19 era. No music has ever sounded quite like it. © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. ItThis is such a huge statement as an album. Movies

... A thrill ride.