Rest it is still work in progress, maybe in a couple of years the whole road will be operational.I am travelling to Leh From Oct 2-8. Hence, it is important that you follow the tips mentioned under I will be writing a detailed travel guide about Kargil – Padum road, including a Zanskar Valley map.

However, I have seen hatchbacks (including Altos) and sedans doing the Kargil – Padum road as well.

So, once open, you can also pay a visit to the Phuktal monastery while coming from Darcha side to Padum. But once you leave Kargil and enter Suru Valley, you will not find any petrol pump till Padum. But just for the reference, below is the outline of the distances between various places that comes on Srinagar – Kargil, Kargil – Padum, Kargil – Leh routes.I hope this article on Zanskar Valley will help you in planning most aspects of your trip. These new routes are expected to be completed in the next few years. First day must be good rest, good healthy food, plenty of fluids and some short walks only.brother u cannot compare ladakh and zanskar valley it is illogical .zanskar valley is located in ladakh only.ladakh comprises of two district leh district (45110 sq km) and kargil district ( 14039 sq km) zanskar valley (7000 sq km ) is located in kargil district ,yes u can comapare spiti vs ladakh..Thank you Stanzin for sharing the details.

One thing,.,,availability of share taxi from Kargil to Padum is more in June/July then in Sept/Oct ?

I will link them within this article below as and when they are published.Both on Srinagar – Kargil route and Leh – Kargil route, you will find plenty of options to stay. Kargil car will drop you in Padum and then Padum car will get you back. For reprint rights: Times Syndication ServicePADUM (LADAKH): Residents of Buddhist-dominated Zanskar valley of Ladakh are celebrating as a new road has brought the region closer to Himachal by over 600km. I want to break the journey as kargil padum in a day would be very hectic and drainingChayan, Based on my experience, I will suggest that you make the trip from Kargil to Padum in one shot while going to Padum from Kargil. It is around starting June, the snow from Hence, the best time to visit Zanskar Valley is only between June to September/October. It helps in case the car is struggling to pass through the mud or water crossing stretch.These tips will certainly help you on your trip from Kargil to Padum by car.Also, do not forget to get your vehicle (car/bike) serviced about 2-3 weeks before the start of the Zanskar valley journey.
At present, Manali to Leh distance is 474km and Manali to Kargil 690km, Manali to Padum via Shinkula is about 275km and Manali to Kargil via Shinkula and Pensila pass is …

I will say that you should travel to these magical places and judge how difficult it is to choose among them ;). There is a bus that runs from Leh to Padum every week when the roads are open. We have 10 days, 9 nights plan.we’ll reach to Srinagar on 10 June,2017 and from there we want to go to Zanskar.Could you please suggest a itinerary for srinagar-zanskar-leh. But still, motor vehicles are not running from Darcha to Padum over Shingo La as of now. Going to zanskar Valley as well.

It becomes challenging for BRO to clear the snow in winters which results in closure of both these roads.As winter resides, BRO begins the snow clearance process in March and repairs the damaged roads, bridges, and other parts of the highway. Julley ! The road from Leh to Zanskar via Chilling is not yet complete.Devm CBZ will do just fine and it is in fact easy to get it out of slush compared to heavy bikes.

How about sharing your stories or thoughts with other lovers of the Himalayas in the DoW Community? Even in Padum, the availability of fuel is limited at times. Then we won’t have flexibility in tour plan…if the permit is given to a person for any date of travel to these locations then it is flexible enough to fix the tour itinerary. They g They g English I will be writing detailed articles on the sightseeing places in Suru and Zanskar Valley in time to come.

However, when coming back you can either halt at Rangdum home stays which are better than tourist rest house OR you can stop at Panikhar Alpine hut.Hello Chayan, There is a new guest house at Rangdum called LA Himalaya with attached bathroom. The one day you will get by doing it should be used to break the journey from Padum to Kargil at Rangdum while coming back so that you can easily enjoy the Padum – Kargil road. These buses generally stop at Sonamarg for tea and snacks if coming from Srinagar side and at Lamayuru in case coming from Leh side.

One route runs from (Himachal) The route from Darcha – Padum runs alongside the Phugtal Monastery trek and Darcha – Padum trekking route. If you are coming from Leh to Kargil direction, then you need to pay a similar fare. You should carry enough cash with you in Zanskar Valley because ATMs at these limited places can run out of money or become un-operational at any day or time. These taxis run every morning between You need to pay about Rs 1400 to Rs 1500 per person for a drop between Kargil – Padum in these shared taxis.
I have already detailed out In case, you are planning for a three-day journey to Padum from Srinagar with night halts at Kargil and Rangdum, I will suggest that you plan it while coming back from Padum to Kargil / Leh / Srinagar.

Hence, you must top up at Kargil, and then you must top up at Padum or fill in whatever they are offering during your visit.There is one J&K bank ATM in Padum market (thanks to Debashish for the input).

Padum village is less harsh and There is too much to see within Suru and Zanskar Valley.

In deep water, crossings try to maintain the momentum without any half clutch measures and complete the entire stretch in one go only. Zanskar Map - Explore travel map of Zanskar including satellite, road, routes, city and street guides of Zanskar at Travel.India.com There are a couple of new routes to Zanskar Valley which are under construction right now. Landschaft: schöne Dörfer, nicht allzu steile Pässe.

DRASS-SANKU Das ist ein kurzer Drei-Tage-Trek in das Suru Valley. Just another question.. Hence, you can check at Kargil bus stand in case the bus is running; then, you can hop onto it.