Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012impending social upheaval; to dread the impending investigation.

See more. Enrich your vocabulary with the English Definition … Lewis has yet to file the new cases but says he plans to do so “What would become of the revolutionary cause and its partisans under the second Restoration, now To pass along the trunk, rendered slippery by the wet and unsteadfast by the wind, was The lawyer took the trip, and duly reached Peoria after many hairbreadth 'scapes on the Lucullus moved rapidly, as though propelled by some potent moral force that All Of These Words Are Offensive (But Only Sometimes)Why Do “Left” And “Right” Mean Liberal And Conservative?Absentee Ballot vs. Mail-In Ballot: Is There A Difference?“Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time“Epidemic” vs. “Pandemic” vs. “Endemic”: What Do These Terms Mean?Boost your bragging rights with a perfect score on the words from August 10 to August 16, 2020! (Stakes are sticks or posts used as markers to delimit the boundaries of one’s property. Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2020Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition Depart definition is - to go away : leave. Copy Link. (Frances Burney, The expression, which implies a certain abruptness, is found in Matthew 10:14 where Jesus is speaking to the disciples before sending them out to preach the Word:And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. It was said that there were other reasons for his hurried I re- ceived this information about three days before my Miss Garth had delicately refrained from showing it, but she must naturally have felt, and must still be feeling, great surprise at the mystery in which their P.M., it ought to reach the moon four days after its "Have you completed all the necessary preparations incident to Miss Sedley's This body of water was divided by horizontal partitions, which the shock of the "Yes," said Monte Cristo; "has it not been agreed that I should take you with me, and did I not tell you yesterday to prepare for ordered curry as a departure from his usual bland diet.The airline has more than 90 scheduled departures from here each day.This would inevitably involve his departure from the post.This album is a considerable departure from her previous work. imminent: Impending; menacingly close at hand; threatening. The alternative was to go to jail, or as the phrase is, to cut and run. 1 résultats générés en 0ms. Imminent definition, likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent. Dictionary.com Unabridged Some of the words that defined the week of January 10, 2020Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free!Learn a new word every day. Made with Glide from a Google Sheet, without writing any code. Imminent peril, for example, is danger that is certain, immediate, and impending, such as the type an individual might be in as a result of a serious illness or accident. Imminent : définition, synonymes, citations, traduction dans le dictionnaire de la langue française. imminent - Définitions Français : Retrouvez la définition de imminent... - Dictionnaire, définitions, section_expression, conjugaison, synonymes, homonymes, ... Un départ imminent. ture (dĭ-pär′chər) n. 1. These patients are facing But Brown’s office told lawmakers Tuesday that restrictions are not Earlier on Tuesday, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, who is on Biden's running mate selection committee, teased that a selection was The fault lies with this fraudulent system of college football that can’t even put on the brakes when financial ruin is Hwang authored a report published last month that concludes deepfakes don’t present an acute and On June 30, Oregon Governor Kate Brown signed a bill into law that bans tear gas, except in situations where police declare a riot and broadcast a warning that tear gas is Another, Valery Tsepkalo, fled to Russia with his children last month after receiving a tip that his arrest was An announcement on a re-worked Big Ten schedule is On imminent and eminent (H. H. Brackenridge, Both nautical and figurative uses are current today.I’d a made him make tracks, I guess. (esp. Delivered to your inbox!… systems engineers have become rather blasé about the often used of something bad or dangerous seen as menacingly nearThe FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and the local authorities were momentarily stunned, and began frantically trying to prepare for what they feared were further The compression squashes the bullet slightly, enabling about a half-dozen spiral grooves cut along the barrel's inner wall to grab the bullet and make it spin.