Was this info helpful? That every conversation somebody can be extracting a value from that you may so easily overlook or not appreciate. And it’s “Here’s to the good guy he hooked it up, said if I was in NY I should look you up”Good Guy’s appearance on the album Blonde seemed unsure of itself as a stand alone song yet still resonated deeply with each and every listen.

That’s why there is a twinge of disgust in his delivery because Frank is sick of his loneliness leading him into shit bars with the wrong people.Now, lines seven and eight can only be taken together. Last edit on Oct 15, 2016. And with every Frank Ocean song the beauty comes in the interpretation too.For me, it is symbolic of the simple truth that everything matters. The scene feels so clear now. 16,741 views, added to favorites 394 times. “Again, the false celebration and the sarcasm overtake the “There’s a subtle venom to these two lines, how Frank appears sick with himself for believing this evening could be more than it so clearly was. All that’s left is the truth of a shitty night out: “In just 10 lines, Frank tells the heartbreaking story of a romantic hopelessly trying to strike a connection with someone who couldn’t care less. The structure of Blonde unfolding like memories is on full display with “Good Guy,” which is the most insular track on the album.

The live rendition, remix, remastering, whatever you want to call it, changed the emphasis and pace of the song and in turn discovered it’s most profound and poignantly executed form.“First time I’d ever saw you and you text nothing like you look”Good Guy’s narrative is obvious and yet tentatively delivered. Good Guy.
Here's to the good guy, he hooked it up Said if I was in NY I should look you up First time I'd ever saw you And you text nothing like you look Here's to the gay bar you took me to Here's when I realized you talk so much more than I do Here's to the highlights when I was convinced The scene feels so clear now. All that’s left is the truth of a shitty night out: “In just 10 lines, Frank tells the heartbreaking story of a romantic hopelessly trying to strike a connection with someone who couldn’t care less. Now, we’re in New York, and it’s really happening. At every turn, our hearts hurt for Frank Ocean, who is so angry with himself during the retelling. Keyboard arranged for guitar, including outro.

This first arc of the song feels like a reading of the dating zeitgeist at large—how disconnected we can be from each other, though our desire for connection might be higher than ever before.These proverbial oceans between us come to life on the fourth line, where Frank admits: “By this point in “Good Guy,” only 20 seconds into the song, the world feels like it’s undoing itself. “Good Guy” presents a Frank Ocean bereft of peace. The truth is you’re not sure what’s going to happen. This brings us right to line five, where Frank returns with his sarcastic tone and his empty cheers.

This brings us right to line five, where Frank returns with his sarcastic tone and his empty cheers. Here's to the good guy, he hooked it up Said if I was in NY I should look you up First time I'd ever saw you And you text nothing like you look Here's to the gay bar you took me to Here's when I realized you talk so much more than I do Here's to the highlights when I was convinced
That you can never even be entirely sure if any given conversation is the last ever conversation you will have with somebody.So appreciate every little detail that life has afforded to you and understand significance and value is wherever you choose to put the emphasis. 9: Nights Click HERE to more songs by Frank Ocean フランク・オーシャンの他の楽曲の和訳・紹介はこちらをクリック. Taking the second and third lines together, we assume the pair had been talking extensively before meeting. Rather, Frank is allowing himself to be mystified because he so very badly wants to get away from himself. Original material is licensed under a Creative Commons License permitting non-commercial sharing with attribution.

“Good Guy” presents a Frank Ocean bereft of peace.The narrative of “Good Guy” is isolated from all other narratives on Consider this: We have just exited “Self Control” emotional after being left and watching our former lover move on. While the language on paper is celebratory, the vocal filtering and delivery give us the impression Frank is toasting with an empty champagne glass. Recall long nights and frantic days spent trying to get to know someone in our digital world.