years ago, there was a thread that exploded on Autosport because a documentairy had an alternative theory about the accident. But there are also accidents of which the cause is not clear cut. He doesn't seem to correct, he is looking down, why is he looking down? Pretty good explanation. There is a video, there is a book, there is still controversy (threads about Senna derail rather quickly), so why not?There are plenty of accidents that are very clear cut. New regulations, a car that was tricky to drive on the limit, a driver willing to explore those limits on a high speed corner, with tyres not running at the correct temperature, a compromised ride height, and a solid wall that had claimed several (first class) drivers before.

It adds as much as to the broken steering theory as it does the aero/bottoming theory. Ratzenburger had a failure in his car. And yes, the mystery is bigger with Clark and Senna because they were almost too good to die. Schueys Benetton didnt seem to be grounding out quite as  much, and at Tamburello there are notable surface changes arent there?My feeling is that there are two alternatives. In a few videos the cut finishes slightly earlier, which for sure looks suspicious...), I've finally been able to understand one small piece that I had never managed to get about the investigation.As we know, Senna completed a full lap at speed before crashing (by the way, both that final lap and the lap of the accident don't exist for history books, as the race was red-flagged and re-started from the end of lap 5; ie, just after the pace car pulled in).

I have a feeling that had this fatal accident happened in a country other than Italy, and to a driver like Roland Ratzenberger rather than Ayrton Senna, we would know exactly what happened, and we would be happy with the explanation.Dmitry, do you mean that the (possible) man-slaughter pressed forward by the Italian magistrates prevented Head, Newey to give full disclosure?

But what frustrated me is that images of lap 6, when he passed through the corner at top speed As it is, it looks like this will remain a mystery, but now I can understand Once you manage to see it, it's clear that the car veers slightly to the left at the middle of the corner, then it comes back to the right and keeps going straight into the wall. He had a tyre failure. But at the same time...Well, my impression is slightly different. Thanks for you reply. No mystery at all.Second: you are reading intentions in my post that are not there. I mean the legal implications. He had a tyre failure. But at the same time...Well, my impression is slightly different. I think that Williams team used all their resources and the data at their disposal to provide an explanation that would minimize their legal troubles, rather than an explanation that is most likely. The only close-held certainty I have witnessed on these boards and elsewhere, that it wasn't a steering failure. The last frame is Senna's helmet moving left before the car leaves the track and it is certainly footage I have seen before. Because that would be not accurate, in my view.What is new is the part that shows Senna warming up the tires behind the safety car from the start/finish line. I believe that. And you know what, given the circumstances of the legal BS that followed, I don't blame them at all if that's what they did. Senna's car suddenly went straight on, and once it did so, it kept going straight in a very stable fashion. After the book my estimation is: Probable snapped steering-column/or holes in cheese wrongly aligned/perhaps freak aerodynamic event.How often have cars crashed because of failed steering? The footage looks like the rear end has stepped out. The footage to me shows the car jink slightly left as if there was a failure, Ayrton was starting to release the car out of the bend so would ahve been relaxing grip on the wheel, yet still have some tension on it. But what frustrated me is that images of lap 6, when he passed through the corner at top speed As it is, it looks like this will remain a mystery, but now I can understand Once you manage to see it, it's clear that the car veers slightly to the left at the middle of the corner, then it comes back to the right and keeps going straight into the wall. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality.A brazilian journalist got access to exclusive footage from the onboard camera:This video does not add anything to the 'broken steering column' theory, which I still think is completely absurd. There'd been at least three horrible crashes there already, all of which resulted in injured drivers and any one of which might have been fatal on a different day.